Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tell me you didn't

Tell me you didn't feel what I felt.
Tell me how you never loved me.
Tell me again how you just liked the idea of us.
Tell me the truth & not the same bullshit
Tell me how your heart never raced just like mine
I heard it as I lay on your chest, you're lying
Tell me you didn't feel the sparks
The sparks everybody saw between us
Tell me every time you woke up
You saw her face, not mine
Keep telling me these things
Just so I'll get over it.
Move on.
Give up.
I won't.
It's all a lie.
We weren't
You're the only truth I've ever known.
Anything else is just, inadequacy.
The more you tear me down the more I come after you.
So tell me again how I'm not the one.
Tell me again that you don't want me.
But, can you at least say it & mean it?
That's the least you could do.
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment